Greetings to A Group!
I have officially changed our distribution time to 1230 – 2 pm for both pick-up groups. As always, please email me (or text my cell phone) if you are going to be late picking up or you need to cancel your pick-up. You should tell me about a cancellation (or if you’d like to switch your pick up week) no later than noon on Friday.Thanks to those of you who have communicated with me about this already. Important note: If you have someone else pick up your share, please tell them where and when to come for the food. It would be good for me to have their contact info in case we have to get in touch with them.I anticipate that you will receive:
- leeks or maybe onions (haven’t decided yet)
- tomatoes (1 or 2) Remember you can put a not-quite-ripe tomato on the counter and it will ripen in a couple of days. Don’t put tomatoes in the fridge.
- carrots or beets (probably a choice)
- fingerling potatoes (maybe)
- cucumbers (I suggest you taste test a couple of different kinds. We have regular shaped General Lee or Sweet Success and a thinner, curled Asian type. All delicious.)
- squash (zucchini, a couple of different yellow squash types and Zephyr, a cute yellow and green one)Asian eggplant called Swallow (Hope I have enough for everybody. If not I’ll make a choice out of it, maybe with Sungolds. Some of you know about these morsels.)
- a sandwich-sized bag of basil
- blueberries or peaches, depending on the weather and High Hill Orchard’s harvest
- Pick your own flowers!
Thanks to those who have signed up to harvest and prep on Saturday.
Oh, and one more thing – you are invited to post recipes on the blog or send them to Dan Groberg at email@example.com and he’ll post them. And LIKE us on Facebook!
See you at the farm,