We are a community farm. That means…
- We are… a not-for-profit, publicly accessible farm that conducts educational programming for the public.
- We are… a center providing opportunities for meaningful work, learning, service and self-development.
- We are… a local source of healthful produce, and a demonstration site for local food systems.
How can community farms serve farmland conservation purposes?
- Community farms represent a financially viable approach for managing open space.
- A community farm provides partners including land trusts and municipal conservation commissions with valuable platforms to reach their constituencies and promote active public engagement with preserved land.
-Description excerpted from CT NOFA‘s page on community farms in Connecticut.