We build community by bringing people together to enjoy nature and delicious food!
- We operate a Community Garden where individuals and groups rent a plot and have access to shared tools and equipment to grow organic produce.
- We grow additional produce to donate to those in need in the community.
- Education is a central component and an essential element in the vision of the Friends of Boulder Knoll, the farm’s sponsoring organization. Our goal is to emphasize essential links between people, plants, and the earth, to develop interdisciplinary learning, and to promote environmental responsibility.
- We believe that exposing the community, especially its youth, to the wonders, importance and value of agriculture, conservation, and outdoor recreation is critical to fostering future stewards of the environment.
- We run the farm in a sustainable manner. We use solar electricity and do most of the bed preparation, planting, cultivating and some mowing with hand tools. We consider and incorporate permaculture practices. The farm is not certified organic, but we adhere to organic growing standards and have signed then CTNOFA Farmer’s Pledge, a commitment to farming, marketing and farm management in accordance with sound ecological and economic principles.