Your first CSA pick up is tomorrow at the farm between 3 and 5 pm. You will be asked to check off your share name on the pick-up list, look at the blackboard for what’s in your share and take an item from each bin.You may bring a bag, but we will have some recycled bags available. If you have them, please bring in a few extra bags for others to use – thanks!
If you are going to be late, please let me know by phone tomorrow and I will put your food in a bag. (Please check off your name even if you pick up late.) Food that is unclaimed after Sunday will be donated. I will leave a note on the outside of the hoophouse door to tell you where the late pick-up shares are. Just lift up the handle and come into the hoophouse if no one is there. If you can’t pick up and want to tell me not to harvest your share – Please send me a very early email or call my cell as early as you can to leave a message.
I expect that the following items will be in your share this week:
- A bunch of Bright Lights Swiss chard and/or Beedy’s Camden kale
- A bunch of Hakurei turnips (great raw in a salad!)
- Garlic scapes (chop ’em up to use like garlic – delicious!)
- An herb plant to take home
- A tea bread made by member Elizabeth Ciarlelli (thank you!!)
- A bunch of d’Avignon French breakfast radishes (could be a choice item)
- A choice between rhubarb, broccoli raab and something else (maybe the radishes if there aren’t enough for everyone)
Strawberries have been popular, but they’re ending their run. Let’s extend the patch by putting in the raised strawberry bed.
Thanks to the harvest and veggie prep crew who has already signed up to come in tomorrow morning. You, too, can do that for future harvests. It’s fun and you meet lots of great folks. S
Looking forward to seeing new members and old timers alike!