(8 to 10 hours average weekly from March 15 to Nov. 15)
The Farm Manager / Educator is responsible for planning and overseeing the 2023 season at Boulder Knoll Community Farm. The position requires soil health and land sustainability expertise, people management and communication skills, and a passion for educating both the Boulder Knoll Farm Community and the broader community about proper care and use of our land.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Oversee and coordinate farm infrastructure, soil health, planning for successful 2023 season – including intra-community events and broad community outreach.
• Create and implement consistent, effective communication messaging to our various audiences, which include BKCF gardeners, community partners and the larger community.
• Plan and coordinate a variety of educational activities and workshops throughout the season.
• Oversee and coordinate care of common perennial gardens: including herb, asparagus, strawberry, blueberry, flower cutting, and suburban native plant gardens.
• Oversee distribution of the farm’s surplus produce to community food pantries and other non-profits.
• Coursework and/or hands-on experience in environmental science, agriculture, education or related field
• Excellent work ethic
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse audiences
• Familiarity with organic farming and farm-based education
• Willingness to learn and teach sustainable growing techniques
• Self-starter with initiative, flexibility, and organizational strengths
Hours and Compensation
The Farm Manager / Educator will be expected to average 8 to 10 hours a week, from mid-March to mid-November, a 36-week season. Educational workshops and events will require some evening and weekend hours.
This is an independent contractor position. It offers no benefits and taxes will not be withheld. Compensation will depend on experience and hours worked. We ask for a full-season commitment.
Questions or Interest in this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.