Greetings to everyone in Group A,
Your first CSA pick up is tomorrow at the farm between 3 and 5 pm. You will be asked to check off your share name on the pick-up list, look at the blackboard for what’s in your share and take an item from each bin. You may bring a bag, but we will have some recycled bags available.
If you are going to be late, please let me know by phone tomorrow and I will put your food in a bag. (Please check off your name even if you pick up late.) Food that is unclaimed after Sunday will be donated. I will leave a note on the outside of the hoophouse door to tell you where the late pick-up shares are. Just lift up the handle and come into the hoophouse if no one is there.
I expect that the following items will be in your share this week:
- A bunch of Bright Lights Swiss chard and Beedy’s Camden kale
- A bunch of d’Avignon French breakfast radishes
- Garlic scapes (chop ’em up to use like garlic – delicious!)
- A bunch of Early Wonder Tall Top beet greens
- An herb plant to take home
- A tea bread made by member Elizabeth Ciarlelli (thank you!!)
- A choice between rhubarb, bok choi, lettuce and broccoli raab
I was really pulling for the peas and lettuce to be in by now but it’s been a bit slow because of the weather. Not to worry – you’ll get them next time!
Strawberries might be on hiatus for a day or two because they’ve been so popular. Give them a couple of days to ripen some more!
Thanks to the first harvest and veggie prep crew who has already signed up to come in tomorrow morning. You too can do that for future harvests. It’s fun and you meet lots of great folks. Send Annmarie Golioto a note to sign up in advance. We need all of the harvests fully staffed.
Looking forward to seeing new members and old timers alike!