We build community by bringing people together to enjoy nature and delicious food!
- We manage a Community Garden where individuals and groups rent a garden plot, access shared tools and equipment, learn and grow organic produce together.
- We grow abundantly so we can donate to those in need in our community.
- Education is a central component and an essential element in the mission of the Friends of Boulder Knoll, the farm’s sponsoring organization. We emphasize the links between people, plants, and the earth to develop interdisciplinary learning and to promote environmental responsibility.
- Focusing especially on our youth, we foster future stewards of the environment by creating awareness of the wonder and value of agriculture, conservation, and outdoor recreation. We invite all to “dig in” with us.
- We run our community farm in a sustainable manner. We do most of the bed preparation, planting, and cultivating with hand tools. We incorporate permaculture practices. The farm is not certified organic, but we adhere to organic growing standards and have signed the CTNOFA Farmer’s Pledge, a commitment to farming, marketing and farm management in accordance with sound ecological and economic principles.