Read on for the latest news from the farm!
Produce for this week
- Greens – escarole, bok choi, kale, chard, tatsoi
- radishes (might be a choice or for everybody)
- potatoes – sweet Georgia Jets or pink-skinned Desiree (you’ll get these if it stops raining, otherwise, in the special distribution on 10/20!)
- lettuce (I think)
- tomatoes – still ripening (if it gets cold we’ll give out green tomatoes for chutney and relish preserving)
- basil – regular, lemon or Thai or maybe a mixture
PICK FLOWERS, husk cherries, and HERBS – Herbs can be gathered and dried for winter. Peek under the row cover for strawberries. Our first year plants are bearing now!
The special share on Oct 20th
Here’s what you could receive:
- Chinese cabbage
- leeks or scallions
- braising greens
- arugula (may be pick your own)
- herbs (pyo)
Price is $16 for current CSA members and $22 for the CSA waiting list and Friends of Boulder Knoll members. I have a limited number of slots available. Let me know now if you’d like to participate and, if you’d like, pay the fee at your distribution this week. You can also send it to Friends of Boulder Knoll, PO Box 1329, Cheshire CT 06410.
We need harvesters and prep people for Sunday Oct 3 and Wed Oct 6. Please let Annmarie know if you can help.
We’ll be harvesting potatoes tomorrow (Saturday) from 9 – 1. Let me and Annmarie know if you want to help with this. Kids are welcome.
We need folks to clear out the squash and cucumber beds and get some leaves on them. Please sign up for this weekend work if you can. We can do some work after the harvest.
Here’s their website address www.caseusnewhaven.com
Our produce (tomatoes, greens, tomatillos) is featured there every week. Yesterday we had the wild boar stew – Wow, what a nice treat after a wet harvest.
See you at the farm!