Sorry it’s been so long since we last got in touch… Here’s all the work we’ve been up to… We would love volunteers to come help out, even if you aren’t a member of the CSA. If you’re interested in helping, email brenda (at) boulderknollfarm.com
CSA distribution starts next week! (Sunday, June 20 or Wednesday, June 23)
I’ve attached a spread sheet with all of our member contact information including your pick up day (Sunday or Wednesday). PLEASE check it for errors.
The info can also help you form pick-up groups with others in your neighborhood.
If you are a Wednesday pick-up and can switch to Sunday for the season, please let me know asap. This would help, as we need to even out the days.
Here are some logistics and rules:
Pick up times at the farm:
- Sunday 3:00 to 5:00 pm
- Wednesday 4:00 to 6:30 pm
- Switching your day occasionally is fine. I need to know 2 days in advance (by Friday evening for Sunday folks and by Monday evening for Wednesday folks).
- Someone else can pick up your share, just have them check off your share name on the distribution list when they come.
- If you are going to be late, please let me know. I will put your food in a cooler. Food not picked up by the next day (unless I know you’re coming) may be donated.
- If you are not going to pick up at all that week, please let me know BEFORE the day’s harvest. This is important so we don’t waste time and food.
Please sign up to be on the harvest crew for any Sunday or Wednesday from June 20th until October 6th. Email Ann Marie Golioto with your availability as soon as you can to get these distributions fully staffed.
I’ll need folks for harvest (generally 8:30 until around 11) and prep (working in the distribution shed from around 1030 until whenever we’re done, usually around 1).
A reminder to those who haven’t been to the farm yet, each regular share is asked to contribute 12 hours of work to the farm community.
I need hardy weeders and path mulchers! Please contact Ann Marie.
Produce for next week:
- garlic scapes (we’ll send a recipe for yummy pesto)
- Swiss chard (so beautiful, you can use it as an arrangement for your table!)
- maybe peas if they’re ready
- herbs like mint, chives, lemon balm
- other surprises
See you next week at the distribution or sooner!